Pages

Sunday, March 17, 2013

How Funny...

I knew I needed to create this blog... and share the stuff God's giving me all the time... and so I did... and then... things got a little quiet. Or, rather, a little too personal. Lol. How to share innermost soul in a public forum? Not really my nature. So... I haven't posted anything.

What I have... what I might be able to share, is a rewrite of the story of Ruth. I have recently had some interesting new views of what her life might have felt like. Scary a-plenty to "rewrite Bible stories". Like, "don't go there". But sharing human emotion in a common-to-man situation?  That's the stuff of fiction, and my area of obsession. So, that, I might attempt.

Yesterday I got a verse. Finally. I've written it on a sheet of paper and hung it in a weird place that has gotten everyone's attention. Every time I see it, I read it and meditate on a new word. This is how I meditate, anyway... each word takes on new meaning as the focus, creating a wealth of thought and inspiration in one little verse:

"As God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience." Colossions 3:12

The verse came to me in the daily NIV inbox delivery. Not by "searching the Scriptures", so I laugh a little. God can talk however He wants to whenever He wants and I'm loving this verse.

I'm chosen. Eep!

Holy.  (holy crap!  Are You sure?!)

Dearly loved.  *head bowed* Thank You.

Clothe yourself... what a beautiful picture, being able to put on attitudes like clothes. So many times I think I need to feel it from the inside-out to be true, but this says to put it on, on the outside. It's a decision to be... compassionate, kind, humble, gentle and patient.

That's as far as I've meditated so far. Not bad for a day.